Using a few items, I have figured out how to make TW's Capt. Jack Harkness' Time-Vortex wristwatch. And now, I can share it with all of you! Its not very good, but its a fun little accessory...
How to make a “Harkness Time Vortex Wrist-strap":
(1) Gather up some leather (or imitation), sewing needle and thread, Elmer’s Carpenter’s Wood Glue (I have found this holds up great), scissors, a paintbrush, and a mp3 player’s accessory wrist/arm band (this one is for the iPod mini).
(2) Cut the swatch of leather to your liking. Double check that the entire thing is stitched together. If not, this is where the needle and glue comes in. Sew the open bits closed and glue to seal the thread in properly. Let it sit for about 20-30 mins.
(3) Adjust the leather swatch over the clear face of the band to your liking.
(4) Sew and glue where swatch meets band at the TOP ONLY. Remember, you want it to lift upwards freely.
(5) Take the excess swatches of leather and fix them over the band. [NOTE: covering only the top will allow the strap to sit comfortably on your wrist. If you like, remove the already existing band via exacto knife and replace with a real leather strap and buckle.]ENJOY!!! :)